Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Teammates

Our team was led by Rebekah of All God's Children International - an organization that serves orphans around the world through adoptions, orphan care and short-term missions trips like ours.

It was really neat to see how God brought our team together from all over the United States to share this experience. I made some amazing friendships on the trip and I will be forever grateful to the LORD for that. I really believe that the promise Jesus gave in Mark 10:28-30 came true for me in meeting each of these special people:

"Then Peter began to say to Him, 'See, we have left all and followed You.' So Jesus answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life.'"

In a sense, I have had to forsake some of those relationships at different points in my life which is why I feel it applies to me. With this trip, I really do feel that I now have more fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters and of course, children. :)

The fellowship on the trip was unforgettable. It was wonderful to start the day with a devotion and prayer together, eat all of our meals together, share our hearts, pray for each other and encourage one another. Rebekah commented at one point how what we experienced together was a sample of what is to come in God's Kingdom. What an exciting thought?!? Then each night at curfew was like a slumber party for us women upstairs - so fun!

It was such a privilege to be a small part of each of these people's lives and most exciting, to be along for part of the journey of what God is doing in each of their lives.

To read captions along with the pictures of my teammates, click on the slideshow below. There are some people I did not get pictures of from Global Orphan Hope - another organization from Nebraska that is building an orphanage in Port-au-Prince. They were each very special too!

No comments:

Post a Comment